I got this survey from The Hungry Runner Girl, check out her responses here.
1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song?
Jiggity Jig… I can hear it now the Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey. Hee Haw Hee Haw. It really always makes you smile when you hear it. Listen to it on iTunes and you’ll love it too!
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off?
I won’t work out or run on Christmas morning because that is when my family opens presents. There is never time that day! But, you’ll certainly find me on Boxing Day running a few laps to work off the holiday food.
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?
Garlic Pork. Let’s be clear here, I don’t love porkchops or ham or any other piggie products but I love Christmas morning Garlic Pork. It takes my mom several days to brine and season the meat before it is broiled up with peppers and thyme. I don’t have a photo but believe me its awesome. We also have breakfast foods like eggs, toast etc but the Garlic Pork is tradition.
Oh yeah, we take a shot of gin too sans the lime and ice. 😉
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?
Refer to question 3. Yum!
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree?
Ah, the old foes are back once more with the traditionalists fighting to chop trees down across the country and the practicalists getting Christmas done. I am so artificial! Meaning I like an artificial tree… I have I finally got Rob to agree to the fakey this year. He is Team Real of course. We don’t agree on anything really. But, he agreed we could buy a fake tree this year just so he would not have to hang lights. I also am against real tree since the “Great Fall Over of 2011”
Maybe next year we will go really fake with this bottle tree.
6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay?
Nay – I’d rather have some cute pink Vicki’s that I can wear all year-long.
7. Where do you spend the holidays? Your own house, your parents’ house, extended family, in-laws, friends?
Damn, I am over committed – the answer is D. All of the above.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat?
Again, refer to question 3 (I really wish you could try it). I always try to make a new Christmas treat every year. This year I am making frosted sugar cookie bars (pics to follow) and puppy chow (pics to follow).
9. Open presents all at once or take turns? Stockings… yes or no?
Free for all with stockings! We are done in about one hour. There are 12 of us now! But, it really is great fun!
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?
I have to admit I love them all equally. Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Elf etc. Who doesn’t love a Christmas movie? Shockingly enough I OWN both of these movies but have never seen either one: It’s A Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street.
I actually stayed up past midnight to watch Santa Baby the other night.
I mean really Melissa? Hey, give me a break its by the same director as City Slickers… ooooo
The ABC Family Christmas Moviethon is pretty cheesy but pretty awesome.
11. Favorite Christmas Present Ever? ( I added one)
I wish I could say it was something cool like a puppy or jewels but I have to admit my favorite present to date has been my Chi Flat Iron. If you have (curly) hair, it is a necessary part of your beauty tool cache. I could not
live have straight hair without it.
- Answer some of the Christmas survey – one or all – as a comment below or a link back from your blog!