Sorry for my absence, unlike many of my other blogger friends the Christmas holiday is a time when I take a break from my computer and relax. I hope you missed me.
And although, we are only seven days into 2013, I already feel behind as I have not posted my New Year’s Resolutions for 2013. I think its important to keep myself accountable. So, I am going to do it. Better late than never right?
Wikipedia defines it this way: A New Year’s resolution is a commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit. The most important part of this is the word commitment. We really need to commit to making a change if we are going to form it into a habit. Truth be told I only achieved 29% of my resolutions from 2012. So, I know I will have to really try to get closer to achieving them all in 2013. But, instead of resolutions I like to call them goals. They are in no particular order and not all of them involve fitness.
My 2013 Goals:
- Lose Weight – This is so I can get healthy and run faster. I will be documenting this extensively on the blog this year.
- Pay Down Some Debt and Save Money– This is so I can save for the future – who knows what each day will bring.
- Attend Church More – To get closer to God and be more humble and more thankful.
- Log 600 Miles!! – I only got to 324 last year so it is going to take a lot of effort to nearly double that number.
- Achieve a new 5K PR – Currently it stands at 41:31, which is pretty crappy for my age group.
- Run a 10K or 15K – I am considering Gasparilla but we shall see how this month goes.
- Read one book a week. My new Kindle should aid in this one.
- Graduate from FSU! (May 2013 here I come!)
- Volunteer for 16 hours. I hope to do this by becoming involved in the Women’s Council at my church. I think it is the right thing to do to give back to the community. I also want to volunteer for one race to help pass out water or medals or anything. Races can never happen without volunteers!
- Visit the Rays in a new stadium! Maybe Miami or Atlanta or LA!
**THE EXCITING NEWS**
On Christmas day, I am excited to tell you that Rob proposed to me! We are getting married! He hung the ring in the tree and wrote a cute poem and everything. It was very sweet. This makes all my goals for 2013 all the more important. I must succeed so I can wear the most perfect dress for me!
Lastly, any of my Tampa / St. Pete readers please register for the Glow Run! It is this Saturday night and I am really looking forward to it! Save $10 off of registration by using the code: STPETE2013!